Friday, October 21, 2016

DePaul Bans “Unborn Lives Matter” Posters

I present this as a sample of the mad speech-squelching evil occurring on college campuses - and as a sample of how “Catholic” institutions are running with said evil.

The President of DePaul, no less, banned “Unborn Lives Matter” posters because . . . bigotry.  I am not kidding nor exaggerating.

From President Rev. Dennis H. Holtschneider:

DePaul is a private Catholic institution, and we also are part of the academy.  By our nature, we are committed to developing arguments and exploring important issues that can be steeped in controversy and, oftentimes, emotion.  Yet there will be times when some forms of speech challenge our grounding in Catholic and Vincentian values.  When that happens, you will see us refuse to allow members of our community to be subjected to bigotry that occurs under the cover of free speech.  

Thus the “Unborn Lives Matter” posters are supposedly “bigotry . . . under the cover of free speech.”

I have no polite words.


I could wax vehement on how such conduct by “Catholics” has affected my attitudes towards the Roman Catholic Church even from my youth.   But that would be a long post or two, trust me.  I’ll just say I find it better at this time to return my attention to Anglican studies.


P. S. I forgot to mention that "Black Lives Matter" posters hang in administrative windows at DePaul.  But that's not Black Racism or a double standard.

The bigot in this episode is "Rev." Dennis H. Holtschneider.

No comments: