Friday, September 25, 2015

BOEHNER TO RESIGN

I had something else in mind to post, but I cannot let pass the news that Speaker Boehner will resign in October. 

He has not yet announced it, but I suspect what is behind this.  He is determined to avoid a government shutdown even if that means continuing to fund the baby butchers of Planned Parenthood among other enormities.  He realizes his position among House Republicans would be untenable then.  So he is going to push through the crap sandwich then fall on his sword rather than become a de facto Democrat Speaker of the House.  Again, this is my speculation.

In any case, I am very glad to see him go.  If my and other congressmen had done their duty it would have happened a long time ago.

By the way, if you follow my twitter, you knew about this before the great unwashed:




No comments: