Friday, July 17, 2015

ICCA Finish (and a shameless plug)

I am now resting after the International Catholic Congress of Anglicans.  All those Solemn services and dodging the vergers wore me out!

In all seriousness, the Congress ended well this morning.  First was said Morning Prayer with Bishop Nazir-Ali completing his excellent teaching from Colossians.  His comments on the relationship between the church and culture were particularly timely.  If they become readily available, I will be sure to post them.

Then a very good statement from the Congress was approved by enthusiastic acclamation.  I expect to be able to post it soon.

The Congress ended with an excellent Solemn Mass.  Bishop Keith Ackerman celebrated.  Bishop Ray Sutton preached.  That either had the energy to do much of anything was amazing given how hard both worked this week.  Yet they finished very well.

More on the Congress in due time.
----

Traffic to this blog has increased this week.  I have no idea why. ;)  So this may be a good time to remind charitable readers that I have no tip jar.  But I do have a novel out, Pilot Point, that has both a strong Texan and a strong Anglican flavor.  If you would like to show your appreciation by buying a copy or two, I would appreciate that in turn.


Pilot Point is available at Amazon in both print and Kindle form.  Also feel free to like it on Facebook.

No comments: