Tuesday, January 20, 2015

State of the Union Fun

I have mixed feelings about watching the State of the Union tonight.  I’ve often skipped it under Clinton and Obama because I sometimes do not respond well when lied to.

On the other hand, particularly outrageous lying can be so absurd, it can be fun.  So for that reason, I will probably watch tonight.  But I will watch accompanied by lots of good fisking and perhaps booze as well. 

Hey, do you expect me to get through an Obama SOTU alone?

I have not decided on the booze.  (And, no, I will not engage in drinking games.  I wish to survive this evening.)  But I have decided on at least three modes of fisking.  One is twitter, of course, where I will join in.  Another is Ace of Spaces (with the usual naughty language warning) where they will surely have a SOTU thread with lots of uproarious comments from morons, including me.

A lesser known place is the Midwest Conservative Journal with both live-blogging and comments.  There will be fewer there, but it will be a more erudite group for the most part.

I have decided against live-blogging here at my blog, but you may find me at the above.


If I come up with another good online spot, I will let you know.  Feel free to make suggestions in the comments.  Hey, we have to get through this evening somehow.

UPDATE:
The Ace of Spades Thread for Obama's "Trolling of the Nation" is up, again with a language warning.

No comments: