Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Why won’t Obama release his college transcripts?


Why Obama won’t release his college transcripts has long been a puzzler to me.  What could be on college records that could really hurt politically?  Bad grades?  A little foolishness?  Who cares?  

And to be honest, there is so much out there already that exposes Obama as untrustworthy and dangerous that I haven’t paid that much attention to the question.

But now I think Wayne Root, who was a fellow classmate of Obama at Columbia, is on to something:

Why are the college records, of a 51-year-old President of the United States, so important to keep secret? I think I know the answer.

If anyone should have questions about Obama’s record at Columbia University, it’s me. We both graduated (according to Obama) Columbia University, Class of ’83. We were both (according to Obama) Pre-Law and Political Science majors. And I thought I knew most everyone at Columbia. I certainly thought I’d heard of all of my fellow Political Science majors. But not Obama (or as he was known then- Barry Soetoro). I never met him. Never saw him. Never even heard of him. And none of the classmates that I knew at Columbia have ever met him, saw him, or heard of him.

But don’t take my word for it. The Wall Street Journal reported in 2008 that Fox News randomly called 400 of our Columbia classmates and never found one who had ever met Obama.

That is passing strange and smells of a student who skated and was socially promoted to put it nicely.

If you could unseal Obama’s Columbia University records I believe you’d find that:
A)   He rarely ever attended class.
B)   His grades were not those typical of what we understand it takes to get into Harvard Law School. (ed.- Can you say “affirmative action”?)
C)   He attended Columbia as a foreign exchange student.
D)   He paid little for either undergraduate college or Harvard Law School because of foreign aid and scholarships given to a poor foreign students like this kid Barry Soetoro from Indonesia.

I think the foreign exchange student bit may be the most damaging to Obama.  And before you call me a birther, remember that a book bio had Obama born in Kenya.  There clearly was some confusion . . . or deception going on.

And I suspect his college transcripts would reveal more confusion and/or deception.  Let’s say they have Obama as a foreign exchange student.  Then he was getting an elite education on false or at least questionable pretenses or . . . .  Did I mention I’m not a birther?

No, I don’t think his transcripts are the smoking gun birthers yearn for.  But now I would be willing to bet they would reveal some serious deception.

3 comments:

Tregonsee said...

It is interesting to compare the complete indifference of the MSM to these issues with the fixation on minutia about Bush43, Palin, Romney, Caine, etc. My few remaining Left friends normally react with anoyance, or pity, when I bring these issues up. AFter all, if there was any truth, it would be in "their" newspapers. Not FNC and Rush.

Anonymous said...

Why won't Mr. Obama release the transcripts? Could the answer be because we'll all find out who he truly is? History will record this whole thing as a willfully deceived electorate keeping their blinders on despite damning evidence.

JC Fremont said...

I believe the "international" student bit goes back even earlier than Columbia, but without access to the transcripts we'll never know...