Thursday, June 28, 2012

Obamacare Ruling Open Linkfest


I think what I will do (now that I’ve prayed the Litany and calmed down a bit) is link to what I find particularly relevant or interesting concerning today’s ruling on Obamacare.  I may make extended comments of my own later.  But I suspect that would be simply repeating what someone else has said, sooo. . . .

. . . . Let the links begin:

Here are the opinions.  Note that Justice Thomas joined in the dissent, but also added an additional very brief dissent at the end.  He always has been known as a man of few words.

DNC Executive Director Taunts on Twitter: “It’s Constitutional. Bitches.”  No, I am not joking.  And I saw it on twitter myself.
AND (LANGUAGE WARNING) that’s not all he tweeted.

Mitt Romney raised $100,000 in less than an hour after the ruling.


Bluegrass Pundit cuts to the chase on Roberts opinion: “What Chief Justice Roberts is actually saying is the government can not force you to buy insurance, but they can tax you if you don't.”

Charlie Martin looks on the bright side.
The Anglican Curmudgeon is sharing his usual in-depth analysis.

The Knight Blog has posted his favorite parts of the dissent.  My favorite? "Article I contains no whatever-it-takes-to-solve-a-national-problem power."

Jay Cost also looks on the bright side.


From Twitchy, here’s a sampling of the vile racist attacks on Justice Thomas and more on the reactions from those lovely people at the DNCAlso there was not a little initial confusion on the ruling from the news media.  (To be kind, it is a strange ruling as the Bluegrass Pundit pointed out above.)

Christopher Johnson is on a rampage. ;)



Over at RedState, Erick Erickson is also looking on the bright side, in part “because John Roberts concluded it was a tax, the Democrats cannot filibuster its repeal because of the same reconciliation procedure the Democrats used to pass it.”



Ezra Klein’s take on John Roberts and his opinion is interesting.  I seriously doubt Roberts is a “political genius.”  But Klein’s piece is worth considering.

I’m listening to Mark Levin now.  He is not so sanguine about John Roberts or the ruling, and that is an understatement.  And I put a lot of weight on Levin’s judgement.

MORE: Levin calls John Roberts’ opinion with its tax contortions “Mickey Mouse.” And I agree.




Mainline libchurchers are in the Amen Corner for this ruling, of course.  I don’t trust myself to comment further in polite words at the moment.



Speaking of which, the Bible says not to let the sun go down on your anger.  Good thing there’s still over two hours of daylight left here.

(And yes, the formatting is a bit off.  Sorry about that.  The Blogger interface can be annoying that way.)

No comments: