Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Obama Criminalizing Dissent?

The “Rightwing Extremism” report from Obama’s Department of Homeland Security that I took on yesterday should not be looked upon in isolation. As Andrew McCarthy reminds us, it is part of a pattern – a pattern revealing the impulses of Obama and his supporters towards attacking free speech and criminalizing dissent to his agenda.

I noted this pattern even well before the election of the Chosen One . . . repeatedly. And I’ve seen again and again the Left’s contempt for free speech and for the rule of Constitutional law. For them, free speech and the Constitution are to be given lip service, of course, but are in reality to be disposed of when it gets in the way of their agenda.

I know my saying so may offend. And I know there are left of center people who do respect our Constitution and its freedoms. But I’ve watched the Left for too many years. Believe me when I say they are not to be trusted to respect our Constitutional freedoms.

And now one of them is President.

The DHS report will not be the last attack on legitimate dissent from the Obama Administration.

No comments: