Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The Collect for Wednesday in Holy Week

ASSIST us mercifully with thy help, O Lord God of our salvation; that we may enter with joy upon the meditation of those mighty acts, whereby thou hast given unto us life and immortality; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

When I prayed this collect this morning, it struck me how appropriate it is for Wednesday in Holy Week. With the Triduum beginning tomorrow evening, we are about to enter the time of the year when we most focus on the Passion, Death, and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And who is adequate for such holy things? I most certainly am not. And I need and want God’s help as I seek to remember and mediate on these most holy and loving acts of Christ. Lord, assist us mercifully with thy help, indeed!

May the Lord indeed assist you as you seek to observe Holy Week and the Triduum in a worthy manner.

1 comment:

TLF+ said...

We have a regular Wed. 10 a.m. service here, so I was blessed to offer this collect in the Sanctuary as well as in my Daily Office at home.

Praying the Lord's assistance for you as well! Thank you!