Friday, November 07, 2008

MSNBC’s Matthews Still in the Tank for Obama

Anyone who thinks complaints about the news media being in the tank for Obama were overdone should take a good, hard look at this video from MSNBC. In it, Chris Matthews frankly professes his purpose to be to do “everything” he can to make Obama’s presidency successful.

Not only is that just slightly biased (Did he purpose to make Bush’s presidency successful?), it is incredibly unprofessional. That is not the role of a journalist.

On a personal note, I used to be a fan of MSNBC and Matthews. MSNBC was my favorite TV news outlet, and, when something political interested me, I would tune to Matthews’ show Hardball. I was well aware of Matthews’ Democrat background, but he hid his bias well and ran a pretty good show.

Then Keith Olbermann came to MSNBC. And under his poisonous influence MSNBC has become a propaganda arm of the Left with Matthews gladly going along.

It’s sad really. But it’s also one more reason I am passionate about the role of blogs to get the truth out. They are needed now more than ever. For the “mainstream” news media not only cannot be trusted to be evenhanded; they cannot even be trusted to be professional.

Not-so-by-the-way, I’m also passionate about the role of conservative talk radio in informing people. Under the guise of “The Fairness Doctrine,” look for a lefty attack on that important exercise of freedom of speech. I haven’t warned of dangers to free speech for nothing.

No comments: