Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Big Reason to Leave Apostate Denominations

You might be able to personally stand firm in your faith in an apostate denomination such as the Episcopal Church or the Anglican Church of Canada. Maybe your parish can stand firm for a time, although I think that time is growing shorter by the day.

But what about your children? What effect will it have on them if they are liable to be taught stuff like this?

We believe in Jesus of Nazareth, who is our brother, who wants not to be idolized but to be followed.

We believe that we dwell in the presence of the Holy Spirit; without her we are nothing; filled with her we are able to become creative, lively, and free.


Pray tell, how is it possible to “idolize” the only begotten Son of God?

Anyway, if you think you can keep your apostate denomination from teaching tripe like this to your kids . . . maybe you ought to think again. I’m not saying it can’t be done. But I do have my doubts about it. And why should you fight your church in the religious education of your family?

Hat tip to Stand Firm.

3 comments:

jason miller said...

I agree with your main point, but I would argue that it is possible to make Jesus an idol--seek him for any reason other than to be in relationship with him.

Mark said...

Interesting point. But then wouldn't the said reason be the idol?

wannabe

Perpetua said...

I don't understand how Jesus could be an idol. Can you give an example of idolizing Jesus? I thought idols were false gods and since Jesus Christ is the real God, he can't be made into an idol.