Sunday, August 19, 2007

Pre-Dean, Post-Erin 2

It now appears (and all the major models agree) that Hurricane Dean will land well to the south of the border. And for that I’m thankful.

Normally, I’d be rooting for a hurricane to come close. Heck, I’d like to ride out a hurricane one day. But with my health being well below 100% and with this being my last week before Oxford, I really don’t want Dean too close, thank you. Not to mention that many people in South Texas have been dealing with floods most of the summer already.

As for Erin, she is a strange creature. Quite mild and pleasant when she landed to the north of here at dawn last Thursday, she decided she wasn’t getting enough respect and flooded areas west of San Antonio, went through West Texas and looped around and is even now hitting Oklahoma with severe flooding.

Anyway, please pray for people dealing with Dean and Erin, especially Jamaica, which is being hit hard by Dean as I type this.

And, if you’d pray for my health, I’d appreciate it. I really don’t want to struggle with it in Oxford (or until then for that matter).

No comments: