Sunday, May 06, 2007

Interesting Tidbits on the +Minns Installation

By all accounts, the installation of Bishop Martyn Minns yesterday was remarkable, quite the event. Baby Blue has posted a lot of video she took of the service with her Mac. (Macs rule!)

She also has a “puzzled” post. Remember that letter the Archbishop of Canterbury is supposed to have sent to ++Akinola asking him not to go to the U. S. to install +Minns? ++Akinola apparently has said he did not receive the letter. (I don’t know exactly what he said though, so be careful.) And Baby Blue thinks it may have been Anglican Communion Office people, not Lambeth people who said the ABC sent the letter.

I don’t know what to think of all this. I’m “puzzled” myself and am certainly not jumping to conclusions. But since I questioned +++Rowan Williams’ wisdom in this, I felt I should pass on to you that this matter may not be what it seemed at first.

Lost in all the controversy and ceremony is that the Presiding Bishops of the Reformed Episcopal Church and the Anglican Province of America participated in the service.

And that reminds me. My friend Father WB has wondered out loud about whether CANA is replacing the Anglican Communion Network as the most likely leader of an attempt to form a new orthodox Anglican province in the U. S. He has a point, particularly since the Network is still rather quiet of late. His post has provoked a rather lively discussion.

No comments: