Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The World’s Fastest Seminary Drop-Out

Yep. That’s me. I’ve already dropped out of the seminary distance program I was in.

Very early on, I saw I easily fell into a “have to” mentality. I want to stay in a “get to” attitude about my studies. So I think I’ll need to do it in an independent study mode, not the traditional papers and examinations track.

Really, the only reason I’ve delayed my decision to drop out until now is I was going on a big road trip and figured I could make a wiser decision after thinking about things as I often do when I drive. And my thinking during the trip confirmed it was best I drop out.

I still would like to spend a term in Oxford, auditing lectures, camping out in the Bodleian Library, and going to Evening Prayer every night. But that may be a pipe dream.

No comments: