Thursday, May 04, 2006

”Prophetic”

Earlier this week, I let you all know how vomitous I find the Pronouncements of Piffle from ECUSA Province IV and other mainline wimps. Today, I present to you another “P” that makes me want to lose my lunch: “Prophetic.”

You’ve probably seen the routine. A group of mainline church liberals push their lefty agenda, often in direct contradiction of scripture, and proclaim their actions “Prophetic.” If memory serves me right, these people supported Communists back in the 80’s and proclaimed it “Prophetic.”

When I see that, my first response is to think how insufferably arrogant and presumptuous such proclamations are. And sometimes my second is to ask by what demon whom they are prophesying.

Matt Kennedy has posted a calmer dissection of claims to being “Prophetic,” particularly when it comes to certain actions of ECUSA General Conventions. I commend it to you.

No comments: