Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Nearing a Crossroads

I have some decisions to make. I’m considering pursuing another degree after being out of school for a lllllong time. There’s so much I want to read and study, particularly in the area of liturgics and church history, perhaps I might as well get some fancy letters for it. And, yes, I’m open to considering the diaconate.

I’m also considering rewriting a novel I put aside years ago. It got good reviews from a Pulitzer Prize winner no less, but we couldn’t get the publishing establishment interested. There are more avenues open for writers now. And after being burnt out on writing for a while, I’ve got the creative urge again.

But I can’t rewrite the novel and get a degree at the same time. I don’t have that much energy. I’m not even sure I could handle academics well.

And perhaps God would have me do neither now.

So, like I said, I have decisions to make. It’s appropriate I’m about to help lead a church retreat on vocations and God’s providence.

No comments: