Monday, November 01, 2004

Pre-election thoughts

Polls indicate that the lift for Bush from Osama’s home video is more slight than I expected. So I’m a bit uncertain again. But my prediction is out there. So I’ll stick with it. . . . Or I’m stuck with it.

But, unlike before, I’m at peace about the election. I’ve been reminded a number of times lately that God is control; He rules; He has the final word. A special Morning Prayer lesson for today, All Saints Day, especially reminded me of that: Revelation 19:1-16.


Two important factors about the election that are below most people’s radar screens:

1. Have you noticed that there’s these court rulings coming out against election observers, particularly Republican ones? But where are the efforts to stop fraudulent votes? There’s reports of people registered in multiple states – and of past multiple state votes. ACORN, a leftist group, has fraudulently registered people – and cartoon characters. Dead people have already voted. (I’m not kidding.) And it’s not Election Day yet.

There’s been a lot of noise about people allegedly being disenfranchised. But overfranchisment, i.e. voter fraud, should be the bigger issue.

2. Have you noticed how quiet the news media has been about Kerry’s voting record as a Senator? He’s been the Junior Senator from Massachusetts for 20 years with a very liberal voting record. That is certainly newsworthy and something to be examined before voting. But the news media has given him a free ride.

Can you imagine a presidential candidate with a “right-wing” Senate record getting such a free ride?


With Election Day upon us, guess what I’ve been praying with new vigor.

Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.

No comments: