Friday, September 24, 2004

CBS: “I am sorry.�

(I typed this Tuesday morning. I haven’t been online until now.)

Oh, how I wish I had my T.V. hooked up in time to see Dan Rather actually say “I am sorry.� In any case, I joyfully read the news this morning.

But I don’t know quite how to respond to it. I could say “I told you so.� But that’s rather obvious. And in any case, I didn’t have a strong opinion on whether CBS would admit their wrong.

I could gloat. But that’s probably not very Christian and certainly not Anglican . . . well, at least outward gloating isn’t.

I will say this, CBS’s confession is hardly full and complete. Dan Rather said their error was made “in good faith and in the spirit of trying to carry on a CBS News tradition of investigative reporting without fear or favoritism.�

That is pure C. B. S. without the C. If you think CBS wasn’t in Get Bush mode then I’ll let you pay me to collect bull manure off my land since you apparently like the stuff so much.

Rather was right about one thing, his and 60 Minutes’ conduct is in the CBS tradition . . . of liberal propaganda.

No comments: