Wednesday, August 04, 2004

relationships

As you can tell from my Monday post, it’s a high priority for me to have healthy and supportive relationships in my next church. I realize more now than in the past that I need closeness and the support of others as I seek to follow God in my life.

In a way, this is my highest priority in seeking a new church. Yes, a new church must be orthodox, but that’s a given. That’s kinda like saying my food must not be poison. Your response might be, “Well, that’s nice. But do you want to eat Mexican or Italian or Seafood tonight?�

And, yes, you can probably tell that good worship is a priority, a much greater priority than in the past. But I’d still say good relationships are still my highest priority.

To review a bit, this priority has changed. Remember that when I was seeking a church back in 1988, it was a very high priority that it had a good singles group, because finding a Christian wife was a very high priority for me. When I sought a church in 1994, I figured I could always go to different singles groups (And I already was at the time.). And I was more of a loner than I am now. So the area of relationships wasn’t much of a priority in picking a church.

Today, it’s front and center. Maybe as I get older I better realize I need others. Heck, I want others in my life more.

No comments: