Monday, April 12, 2004

It’s getting to be uncanny how Small Continuing Anglican Church looks like a good fit for me. I’m already getting pretty attached to the place. I like the people there and they seem to like having me around. They are more approachable than I was expecting. I enjoyed going to Luby’s with one family after Easter services. I guess I was expecting a continuing Anglican congregation to be a bit austere.

Since it’s on the Protestant end of Anglicanism, I was also expecting the worship to be a bit austere, and it is in spots, which is fine. But as a whole, it is not far from ideal for me. The rectors both have a passion for ancient church traditions, which results in services that really help me worship and are both serious and fun.

They are also both passionate about truth, often in an intellectual way. It makes their teaching a bit hard to follow at times as they sometimes try to cram too much into one talk. But they appreciate vigorous discussion and thought. No Christianity Lite from them. So I would certainly be stimulated there, as I was during their excellent messages on the Seven Last Words of Christ on Good Friday. That’s not a requirement for me, but it’s a plus.

I could go on, but it seems God is moving quickly in guiding my choice of a church here in Corpus. Picky square peg that I am, I thought it would take a while. But it’s looking like God had different ideas. This square peg might have found a good fit rather quickly.

No comments: