Sunday, February 15, 2004

I like where I live, right above one of the best used book and music stores in the nation. Last night, I decided to get with it, go downstairs and see if they have any good Anglican books.

To my surprise (and that of an employee's, too. The place is that big.), they had an Anglican section. I scored a 1953 edition of the 1928 BCP in very good condition (Pages still stick together even.), The Anglican Spiritual Traditions by Moorman, a lectionary, and the History of the Episcopal Church by Prichard.

They also had the Canons of the ECUSA for $50 and a New Zealand BCP, but I passed on those. I think I’ll go back and get the NZ BCP.

They also had a lot of Spong. Maybe it's for the same reason they have a lot of KISS in the CD section -- people outgrow it.

I’m already digging in. Bishop Moorman’s book is well written and engaging so far.

I’ve also ordered a Commentary on the American Prayer Book. And I’m very open to further suggestions.

No comments: